Looking to become a certified sport physiotherapist? Gain educational, clinical and field experience with CSS!
Craven SPORT services is pleased to be launching our Sport Physiotherapy Fellowship program in Saskatoon, SK!
The aim of this program is to provide educational, field, and clinical experience through hands-on work and mentorship to physiotherapists looking to expand their practice in the areas of sport and orthpaedic physiotherapy, as well as to provide a gateway into a career in professional-level sport. Open to both recent graduates and more experienced practitioners, this program is designed to foster physiotherapists seeking new connections, exposure, and opportunity, and to those who are leaders in their field.
Fellows will exit the program with:
- Improved clinical skills and competence in the management of sport and orthopaedic injuries in a broad range of populations (including both athletic and general populations, across all ages and stages of the LTAD model).
- Exposure to national, Olympic and professional level athlete treatment and training.
Competence and experience in managing all aspects of athlete health, including pre-season screening, monitoring, injury surveillance, on-field acute injury management, clinical assessment, rehabilitation, and return-to-sport programming.
An understanding of and experience with collaborative and interdisciplinary care in the management of both athletic and general populations.
Competence and confidence in the management of on-field injuries in a variety of sport settings (collision, contact, combative, non-contact).
Experience in planning and organizing event medical coverage for sporting events.
A wide breadth of private-practice and community outreach physiotherapy experience
The Fellowship experience includes:
SPC-approved and certified mentors (including Michelle Keene).
Full-time work-weeks, divided by approximately 25 hours of patient time (including in-clinic appointments with athlete and general population clients, as well as off-site event medical coverage), and 15 hours of mentorship.
Curriculum requirements for the Sport Physiotherapy Canada practical hours, and the preparation for both oral and written exams.
- Professional Responder Certification and all associated fees (completed one-on-one in-house during Fellowship)
- Teaching experience wherein Fellows may develop and deliver content to MPT and Kinesiology students in a classroom setting, to athletes/coaches/parents in a workshop setting, and to PT colleagues for in-clinic in-services.
- Mentorship opportunities with a wide range of additional healthcare professionals in the Craven Integrated Health Network (CIHN), including a orthopaedic surgeon, MSK radiologist, Registered Dietitian, Podiatrist, Sports Dentist, Occupational Therapist, Mental Performance Consultant, and several physicians.
Successful applicants will hold:
Full Practice License for Physiotherapy in Saskatchewan
Professional Liability Insurance
- A valid Driver’s License, and a vehicle appropriate for use in and around Saskatoon
While First Responder Certification is deemed an asset, those not yet certified will be provided with onsite education and examination during their time at Craven SPORT services (full cost to be covered by CSS)
Duration: 6 – 12 months (as established in agreement between CSS and Fellow)
Number of positions: 1/start date
- Relocation assistance may be available
Please include the following items in your application package:
Letter of Intent
Applications, or questions regarding position details may be submitted via email to Michelle Keene, Craven SPORT Services Partner and Physiotherapist, at [email protected]